NAME: TARIQ BIN ABDULAZIZ BIN ABDULRAHMAN AL FARIS
BIRTH : Riyadh, on 19/12/1960
1978: Completed primary, intermediate & secondary schools in Riyadh and graduated from Al Yamama Secondary School.
1984: Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering (construction), University of Arizona in Tucson, United States of America.
1986: Master's degree in Civil Engineering (construction), University of Arizona in Tucson, United States of America.
POSITIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
2018: Mayor of Riyadh Region and Member & CEO of Arriyadh Development Authority (ADA).
2017: Vice Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs.
2012: Vice President of Arriyadh Development Authority.
2011: Acting General Manager of Operations and Maintenance, besides his duties as the General Manger of Urban Facilities.
2009: Director General of Urban Facilities, ADA.
1999: Director General of Construction, ADA.
1997: Assigned to manage the implementation of King Abdulaziz Historical Center.
1994: Director of Projects Management Department, ADA.
1988: Assistant Director of King Fahd Road Project and Governance Palace Development Project, as well.
1986: Civil Engineer at Arriyadh Development Authority (ADA).
CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS:
Attending and Participating in many seminars and conferences in the fields of structural Engineering and soil and the management and programming of the projects using the computer.
- Chairman of the Preparatory Committee, subsidiary of the Supreme Commission supervising the implementation of King Abdulaziz Public Transport Project in Riyadh (Metro & Buses).
- Member of the High Executive Committee for Historical Diriyah Development.
- Member of the High Committee of Al-Thumamah Farm Utilization.
- Member of the High Committee of Traffic Safety in Riyadh.
- Member of the High Committee of Environment Protection in Riyadh.
- Member of the High Committee of Transport in Riyadh.
- Member of the Tourism Development Committee of the Riyadh Region.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Traffic safety Ministerial Committee.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Saudi Railway Polytechnic (SRP).
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Arriyadh Holding Company.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Arriyadh Development Company.
- Chairman of the Development & Utilities Committee of Riyadh Region's Council.