Riyadh Municipality receives ISO certification for IT Services Management (ITSM)
In line with the vision of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 2030, Riyadh Municipality has obtained the ISO/IEC 20000-1: 2011 Quality Assurance Certificate.
The application of this standard within government institutions and authorities gives it many advantages and features:
- Helps in applying the best practices related to IT management.
- Contributes in raising quality of technical services provided to beneficiaries.
- Directing people, processes and techniques towards achieving strategic objectives defined by Department.
- Developing methodologies for measuring performance and controlling procedures.
- Establishing improvement principle.
It is worth mentioning that ISO 20000 certification has come as part of Riyadh Municipality’s plan to build a unified quality system, where it has obtained previously ISO 9001 and ISO 22301, and Riyadh Municipality is working currently to obtain ISO/IEC 27000-1: 2011.