Safety & Security
The RM e-portal depends on standard safety procedures to ensure the confidentiality of all Municipal information that is displayed, stored or shared with others. Some of the Safety procedures are:
- Authorized digital certificates. Adopting such digital certificates by high credibility bodies offers a secure and confidential exchange of all Municipal information among the Riyadh Municipality e-portal systems. All sent and received data among the portal systems are encrypted in order to prevent any access to the data to ensure their confidentiality. These certificates encrypt Municipal information by using complicated encryption algorithms to fully encrypt these Municipal information.
- The use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Using this type of layer and integrating it with authorized digital certificates provide high confidentiality to Municipal information through encrypting them, using complicated encryption algorithms. This procedure will be implemented on all pages that contain Municipal information of high importance and need to be highly secured to ensure the performance’s speed of the other parts of the e-portal. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) use the protocol HTTPs to implement these algorithms and ensure that they are operating properly. Once this protocol is used, the browser used to surf the Riyadh Municipality e-portal will display a signal of high level of security. The signal depends relatively on the type of the browser.
- Encrypting stored Municipal information. In addition to encrypting Municipal information during sending and receiving Municipal information from and to the portal, the Municipal information stored in the databases will also be encrypted such as passwords and confidential Municipal information. This would prevent even who has access to the databases from reading or changing this Municipal information.
- Imposing high restrictions on passwords. The RM e-portal uses techniques that include passwords with appropriate complexity ensuring not to use weak passwords in the Municipal information registry. This ensures that unauthorized persons will not be able to use passwords to access to others' Municipal information without their permission or authority.
- The RM e-portal imposes a high level of security on all the portal's systems and servers at the Municipal information Center. The center is equipped with the latest protection devices, the best anti-virus software on all the portal's servers.